The Hong Kong-Thailand Business Council is an independent, non-government body representing companies of all sizes and individuals with an interest in the development of business and commercial ties between Hong Kong and Thailand. The Council's aims are:
- To promote the common interests of the Hong Kong and Thai business communities in Hong Kong.
- To provide the Hong Kong and Thai business communities both in Hong Kong and Thailand with opportunities for networking and the development of partnerships, and a forum for exchanges of views and the identification of new opportunities for trade and investment.
- To canvass members' views and to represent them to government policymakers and other appropriate parties.
- To organize promotional activities and public information programmes - such as seminars, presentations, trade missions, and cultural and social functions - to promote awareness of business opportunities for the private sectors of both Hong Kong and Thailand.
- To cooperate with relevant government bodies, chambers of commerce and other parties, to disseminate information and pursue other common aims.