About 30 members attended the Council's Annual General Meeting on 2 September 2005. Our Chairman, Mr Bernard Chan, summarized the past activities of the council and stressed that the mission in 2005 and beyond is to expand the number and range of activities.
During the meeting, Mr Tom V Chatjaval, Mr Kenneth Gaw and Mr Horst Geicke were re-elected as Directors for the ensuing year. Simultaneously, Mr William Chao of Wing Wah Limited was elected as new director while Ernst & Young was re-appointed the Council's honorary auditors.
The current Board of Directors consists of 10 directors:
1) The Hon Bernard Chan, Executive Director & Deputy Managing Director of Asia Financial Group
2) Mr William Chao, Managing Director of Wing Wah Limited
3) Mr Tom V. Chatjaval, Managing Director of TVC Management Ltd
4) Mr Kenneth Gaw, Managing Director of Pioneer Global Group Limited
5) Mr Horst Geicke, Chairman of Pacific Alliance Group Ltd
6) Mr Clayton Hebbard, Consultant of Grant Thornton
7) Dr Harry Lee, Managing Director of TAL Apparel Limited
8) Mr Willy Lin, Managing Director of Milo's Knitwear (International) Ltd
9) Mrs Katherine Ngan, Executive Director of May Cheong Toy Products Fty Ltd
10) Mr Raphael Tong, Managing Director of Shanghai Mister Softee Food Products Co Limited
(In alphabetical order)
Cynthia Pornavalai 律師應本會邀請，在於四月廿日的午懋|上擔任主講嘉賓。她與會員和嘉賓們分享如何處理商業交易，並以多個實例講解外資如何在泰國處理房地產的交易和業權。同時，她也就如何獲得泰國土地使用權的保障和購買物業的財務安排，提供了寶貴的意見。
同時，本會董事及泰國Grant Thornton創辦合夥人Clayton Hebbard先生也列出了外資在購買泰國物業時須面對的問題。午懋|令與會者清楚瞭解有關泰國房地產擁有權的法律及規則。
Mr Khan Prachuabmoh, the President of the Government Housing Bank of Thailand, spoke at the HKTBC’s roundtable luncheon at the Hong Kong Club on 26 January to share his views on “Post-Tsunami Real Estate Investment and Financing Opportunities in Thailand”.
Mr Prachuabmoh said “As the exports grew by 24 per cent in 2004 together with the Thai GDP is expected to grow at 6 percent in 2005, I expect that the real estates investment opportunities is brilliant in the coming years.” He also concluded that the Government clearly intends to rebuild damaged tourist areas, the infrastructure as well as to reconstruct the hotels and tourist resorts.